The Information We Collect
When you sign up for the Service, we may collect information we ask you for, like your username, password, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, postal code, and country. We may also collect information you voluntarily add to your profile, such as your mobile phone number and mobile service provider.
Usage, Log Data & Cookies
When you use the Service, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- information about your type of subscription and your, interactions with the Service, including with songs, playlists, other Biptik users, Third Party Applications (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use ) and advertising, products and services which are offered, linked to or made available on the Service;
- the details of the queries you make;
- User Content you post, upload and/or contribute to the Service (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use);
- technical data, which may include the URL you are coming from, your IP address, unique device ID, network and computer performance, browser type, language and identifying information, transactional information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and Biptik application version; and
When you sign up for a Trial or any of our Paid Subscriptions (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use), or make other purchases through the Service, your credit card information and other financial data that we need to process your payment are collected and stored by third party payment processors. We may collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number and details of your transaction history. In addition, the third party payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and last four digits. If you choose to pay by invoice, Biptik may need to collect and transfer additional information, like your name, date of birth and phone number, to our invoicing service provider to enable credit checks and send you invoices. The use of your data by our invoicing service provider is subject to its privacy policies.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information, to:
- provide, personalise, and improve your experience with the Service and products and services made available through the Service, for example by providing customised or localised content and advertising;
- ensure technical functioning of the Service and products and services made available through the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products and services that are made available, linked to or offered in the Service;
- communicate with you for Service-related purposes, including promotional e-mails or messages;
- enable and promote the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service, such as sharing, user interactions, notifications and suggestions, and integration with third party services;
How we share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect, including your personal information, as follows:
Finding you and sharing within the Biptik Service
The Biptik Service is a social service which offers many ways to find, enjoy, and share content, and we enable and encourage users to explore who else is using the Service and their public profiles. Most of your Biptik information is or may be publicly available to others by default, such as your name and/or username, profile picture, type of subscription, your following relationships and your activity, Third Party Applications you add or use and User Content you post, upload and/or contribute to the Service. Your activity on the Service will automatically appear in the activity feed of friends and users who follow you or your Biptik profile content.
Your information may also be used to notify others, including on the Service, via e-mail, and Other Integrated Services, that you have joined Biptik, and about activity related to their Biptik profiles, content which they follow, or which we think otherwise may be of interest to them.
Learn more about how to manage notifications, your publicly available information, and what you share with others in section 5 below.
Through your settings, you can choose which communications you receive from us, manage your public information, and set your sharing preferences. However, please note that it may not be possible to make certain information private on the Service, including your name and/or username, profile picture, and other basic information, such as your following relationships. Such information and other information which are set to “public” in your settings, such as playlists, may be used, re-shared or linked to by others on the Service or others across the web, so please use Biptik carefully and manage your account settings regularly. Remember that if you make profile content private, others who already subscribe to or otherwise have the details of such content may still have access to it. Also keep in mind that playlists and other content added to your profile may include personal information, such as username, which could enable other persons to find you in the Biptik Service or other services.
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content which links to third party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties` privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and sign off after having used the Biptik Service. While we take reasonable data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information at any time.
For users in the United States, the Biptik Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
Accessing and Updating User Information
You can access and amend some of the information we keep on you through your settings. To learn more about the information we store about you, e-mail email@example.com. We will respond within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity.